MultiDynamics[Native] Powerful multi-band dynamics control
- Tube Saturator
- MR Noise
- MR Click
- MR Hum
- MR Gate
- All Plugins…
MultiDynamics AAX DSP brings our powerful multi-band dynamics processor to your HDX DSP system. MultiDynamics is useful for mastering, track processing, sound design, and noise reduction. MultiDynamics provides up to 6 bands with independent compression or expansion per band. MultiDynamics has an elegant and ingenious user interface that makes it easy to edit bands and to visualize and hear what is happening.
Multiband dynamics processing combines the techniques of equalization and single band dynamics processing. A simple application of multiband dynamics is to apply compression or expansion to a specific frequency range. It is also possible to think of multiband dynamics as applying equalization which is dependent on the level of the input sound. So one can set up an EQ curve for low volumes and set another EQ curve for high volumes.
Another use of multiband dynamics is noise reduction. One can set up multiple bands to do noise gating, by setting the gain to decrease when the signal falls below threshold. Also, multiband dynamics applied to solo instrument sounds can be used for sound design. It is possible to split up the sound into different frequency ranges, apply compression to some and expansion to others, and dramatically change the character of the original sound.
In order to maximize your DSP instance counts, three different configurations of MultiDynamics are provided: the full 6-band configuration, plus a 3-band and 4-band configuration. The reduced band configurations let you squeeze more processing from your DSP when you don’t need the flexibility of so many bands. At 48 Khz, you can run 3 stereo instances of the full configuration or 4-band configuration per DSP chip, and 4 stereo instances of the 3-band configuration.
- Up to 6 independent bands
- Proprietary crossover filter network eliminates amplitude distortion between bands
- 6 dB/oct, 18 dB/oct and 30 dB/oct crossovers
- Full featured compressor or expander/gate per band
- Dynamics controls per band: Lo Gain, Thresh, Hi Gain, Ratio, Attack, Release, Knee
- Per band and All band control editing
- Per band Bypass, Solo and Mute controls
- Comprehensive visualization of input levels and dynamic EQ response
- Adjustable lookahead
- No latency if lookahead is off
- Latency compensation via compatible hosts
- Up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- Mono or stereo
- OS X 10.6.8/10.7/10.8
- Pro Tools 10 HDX
- Windows 7/8
- Pro Tools 10 HDX