Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up external sidechain in Cubase 4?
1. Open “VST Connections” in the Devices menu.
2. Click the Group/FX tab.
3. Click Add Group and select the “Quadro” option from the configuration menu (in the More… section).
4. Control-click on the new group and select “Add Child Bus to (group name)” and select Stereo.
5. Repeat step 4 and select Stereo (Ls Rs). You should now see the two child busses under the new quaddro group.
6. Create a TrackPlug 5 ExtSC instance on the Quadro group track.
7. For the audio track that you want processed with TrackPlug, set the Output Routing of the track to the “Stereo” output of the group you created.
8. For the track you want to use as sidechain to TrackPlug, set the Output Routing of the track to the “Stereo (Ls Rs)” output of the group you created. Alternately, if you still want to hear the material on this track on your mix, you could set up a Send which is routed to “Stereo (Ls Rs)” of the group.
9. Enable one of the dynamics modules in TrackPlug (Gate, Comp1, or Comp2), and select one of the “Ex …” sidechain options. You can click on the “Mon” button to hear and verify that the sidechain is set up properly.
- Wave Arts General
- Product Registration
- Known Issues
- TrackPlug Sidechain
- Tube Saturator