Welcome Guest

Wave Arts Forum

Location of Presets?

Posted: 02 May 2008 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-05-02

Hello-

I saved a couple user presets in TrackPlug in Ableton Live 7.

Per the manual, there should be a file named Presets.txt in the directory where I installed the plugins. However, there is no such file in that directory, or the Wave Arts directory in C:\Program Files.

Does anyone know where the presets are saved?

It would be nice if I could set the location where Wave Arts saves the user presets. But if it saves them in directory where the .dlls are located, that would be fine too.

I’ve also tried searching my computer for any files containing “Presets.txt” or the names of the presets I’ve saved, but no luck.

I’ve also searched this forum for a solution, but I didn’t see one.

Thank you,

jbone1313

Posted: 02 May 2008 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-05-02

Ok, I’ve found the preset files. On XP, they’re located at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Wave Arts.

Is there any way to change this? I.e, is there a way to tell the plugins to look for the preset files in another location? Again, the manual says they should be located in the directory where the plugin is installed, and it would be great if the presets were indeed in the folder where the .dlls are installed.

The reason I’d like to change this is that I keep all of my presets and other audio data in one folder, so that my backup process is quick and easy.

If every plugin I owned put their presets in a different location, backups would not be fun.

Thanks for reading this.

Best,

jbone1313