Dialog 2 is a significant update, featuring compatibility with MacOS Catalina and support for VST3 format. The signal processing algorithms and user-interface functions are largely unchanged, however, under the hood, the plug-in has been completely rewritten to use the latest development tools and SDKs. This was necessary to maintain compatibility with MacOS and the latest MacOS DAWs, such as Logic 10.5, Cubase 10, WaveLab 10, Premiere 2020, and Audition 2020. On these DAWs, the Dialog v1 GUI shows a black window.
Summary of changes:
- MacOS Catalina and Mojave supported. Compatible with latest Mac DAWs such as Logic 10.5, Cubase 10, WaveLab 10, Premiere 2020, and Audition 2020.
- MacOS installer is properly notarized.
- Adding VST3 support. Dialog 2 supports VST3, AU, and AAX (native) formats.
- Dropping support for VST2, DX, MAS, RTAS, and 32-bit builds on Mac OS-X. 32-bit VST3 is supported on Windows. Only 64-bit formats are supported on MacOS.
- AAX formats support Wave Arts licensing. Pace/iLok no longer required for AAX; choose Pace/iLok or Wave Arts licensing for all formats.
- Improved Wave Arts licensing, enter serial number directly into plug-in.
- User preset manager to rename, delete, and organize presets.
- New dark theme in menus and dialogs.
Dialog v1 installers are still available in the Archive section of the Downloads page. Select either “MacOS-X, Dialog v1” or “Windows, Dialog v1” as the platform, then select the desired installer.
We’re charging a modest upgrade fee for Dialog 2 because it was a ton of work to rewrite everything.
Dialog v1 users get 65% off when upgrading to v2. Please see this FAQ entry for information about upgrading to v2.